The PCA program provides services to persons who need help with day-to-day activities that allow them more independence in their own home. A PCA is an individual trained to help persons with basic daily routines. A PCA may be able to help you if you have a physical, emotional or mental disability, a chronic illness or an injury.
Who Is Eligible?
- Individuals receiving Medical Assistance, MinnesotaCare Expanded (pregnant women and children) and Alternative Care
- Individuals in need of services that are medically necessary
- Individuals who are able to or have someone who can provide for their health and safety
Services Provided by PCA
- Activities of daily living (ADL) such as:
- Instrumental activities of daily living (IADL) such as:
- Communication by telephone and other media
- Getting around and participating in the community
- Managing finances
- Meal planning and preparation
- Performing essential household chores
- Shopping for essential items
For More Information
For more information, call 218-281-3385 and ask for the Personal Care Assistance Program.