- Provide statutory required notices to crime victims
- Accompany victims to court proceedings and reporting a crime to law enforcement
- Liaison between crime victims and prosecutors, law enforcement, and court personnel
- Information as to eligibility and assistance in applying for Crime Victims' Reparations funds
- Notification of dates and times of court hearings
- Assistance with completing a Victim Impact Statement and filing out an Affidavit for Restitution
- Referrals for community and legal resources
- Public education and training to professionals and community groups on crime related issues
- Assistance and information on filing civil protective orders
Anyone who has been the victim of a crime is eligible for services, which are free of charge.
Information shared with our office will be available to the prosecution, law enforcement, and potentially the defendant.