Description of Services:
The Polk County Assessor’s office is entrusted with the responsibility of
estimating the market value and determining the classification of each piece of
property (parcel) in Polk County for property tax purposes.
Valuation must meet the standards established by Minnesota Statues and the Minnesota
Department of Revenue.
- Appraises all property at actual market value
- Determines the current classification/use of the property
- Informs property owners of their estimated value
- Conducts public meetings to discuss those values
- Applies appropriate classification rates
- Compiles taxable values for each taxing authority