Thank you for your patience during this pandemic.
Social Services is conducting phone interviews in all three locations. To schedule a phone interview or if you have questions call 218-281-3127 or 1-877-281-3177.
- Crookston Office: Lobby Open
- East Grand Forks Office: Lobby Open
- McIntosh Office: Lobby Closed due to the surge of the Omicron virus until April 4, 2022. If you have any paperwork to drop off for Social Services, please leave it in the drop box located in the back of the building titled "Social Services". To schedule an appointment or if you have questions call 1-877-281-3127.
What to expect when visiting our office for your safety and that of our staff:
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet - we have floor decals to help.
- You may be asked to wait outside or in your vehicle if our lobby is at capacity.
- Please do not visit our lobby if you have symptoms of COVID or have been exposed to anyone with COVID.
Paperwork for Social Services can be placed in our “drop box” located at each Social Services location.
Polk County Social Services is dedicated to providing quality services through social and financial assistance programs to individuals and families in an equitable, compassionate manner, which affirms the value and uniqueness of each individual.
These services are provided by a professional staff committed to enhancing the quality of life for people while ensuring the cost-effective expenditure of public funds consistent with state and federal requirements.
Polk County Social Services is the county's public welfare and social services agency. The department is divided into three divisions and assists county residents in the following areas:
- Child Support Enforcement and Collections
- Child Care Assistance Program
- Eligibility Guidelines
- Financial Assistance
- Health Care Programs
- Adult Protection
- Chemical Dependency
- Child Care Licensing
- Child Protection
- Child Welfare
- Continuing Care
- Developmentally Disabled
- Foster Care Licensing
- Mental Health