What is Nursing-Family Partnership?
Nurse-Family Partnership is free for people who are pregnant with their first baby. When you enroll you will be connected to a registered nurse who will provide the support, advice and information you need to have a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby and be a great parent.
Your Nurse will support you to:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
- Become the best parent you can be.
- Learn and practice things that make you more confident as a mom, like breastfeeding, nutrition, child development, safe-sleep techniques and much more.
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services available in your community.
- Continue your education, develop job skills, or follow your dreams for the future.
How much does it cost?
This program is free to all eligible pregnant people.
Who can enroll into Nurse-Family Partnership?
- Is pregnant with their 1st child and less than 28 weeks gestation.
- Meets income requirements.
- Live in the service area.
Please call Polk County Public Health at 218-281-3385 or contact us directly via email.