Mental Health Services


Mental Health services such as intervention, maintenance and support of mentally ill persons.

A social worker can provide services to an adult with a serious and persistent mental illness. If eligible, services may include:

  • Information and referral
  • Case Management: referral for placement
  • Pre-Petition Screening: screens all individuals who are being petitioned for civil commitment, a process by which the Court determines that an individual’s mental illness or chemical dependence is causing them to be a danger to themselves or others. Individuals who are placed under civil commitment may be treated in a community or regional hospital, or receive intensive community-based care during this time of acute need.

Crisis Information

For crisis assistance and referrals to crisis facilities contact Alluma by calling 800-282-5005.For non-crisis services, call their main office location at 218-281-3940. For emergency situations, phone 911.

Familial Help

Social Services can assist families parenting difficulties or child behavioral issues, minor parents, and families with emotionally disturbed children. Depending on eligibility and availability, services may include:

  • Case management
  • In-home family/parenting support and guidance
  • Information and referral

Region One NW8 Adult Local Advisory Council (LAC)

Join a broad range of individuals concerned about the behavioral health system in northwestern Minnesota. Connect with others in a supportive environment to promote healthy living, combat mental health stigma, and impact public mental health systems building and policy making. The Adult Local Advisory Council (LAC) meets quarterly with additional duties as appointed by the council.