Steps to Becoming a Licensed Child Care Provider
Applicants will need to show documentation that the following training has been completed prior to licensure. An account must be created through www.developtoolmn.org to complete all training:
- First Aid Training
- Infant / Child CPR Training
- Sudden Unexpected Infant Death
- Abusive Head Trauma
- Developmentally Appropriate Behavior Guidance (4 hour class)
- Supervising for Safety (6 hour in person class or 8 hour online class)
- Child Passenger Restraint Systems Training (required prior to transporting children)
Upon the completion of all paperwork, all background studies, 3 references on file and the home in total compliance, a license may be issued to you. Average initial license time is 3 to 4 months.
A $50 licensing fee must accompany your child care application. Applications will not be accepted without the fee. This fee is non-refundable. A check or money order may be made out to Polk County Social Services. Cash and credit cards are not accepted at this time.